When we collect data
We can collect data in the following ways on the website:
• When you subscribe to our newsletter
• When you place an enquiry with us via a contact form
• When you engage with live help on the website
• When you request further information via a contact form
• When you navigate the site
What type of information we collect
Information that you provide us voluntarily
We collect and store any information you provide to us on our website or give us in any other way. This information includes your “personal information”, including your first and last name, address, phone number, e-mail address and any other personally identifiable information you provide. We also collect and store any “billing information”, including credit card or payment details, provided to us. The information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies", below.
Information we collect from third parties
We may also receive personal and non-personal information about you from our affiliated entities, subsidiaries, contractors, partners, service providers or suppliers and add this information to your account.
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information to help us deliver services to you, including:
• to provide any product or service you have purchased from us;
• to answer any queries or requests you have regarding those products or services:
• to make information available to appropriate third parties where necessary, and in the event of an emergency;
• to provide you with information about products, services and promotions that may be of interest to you unless you have asked us not to contact you;
• to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device for which you are accessing the information;
• for quality assurance testing, market analysis, systems testing, analysis of statistics, benchmarking, auditing and performance measures (which may include monitoring or recording your telephone conversations with us for the purposes set out in this policy);
• for arranging and administering any relevant insurance products;
• for payment card verification and anti-fraud screening; and
• for administrative and legal purposes (including billing, handling complaints, claims and legal proceedings) and to apply our terms & conditions.
We may contact you from time to time to provide you with information which we think you may find of interest. We may also pass on your details to other parts of the Kognitiv Group so that they can tell you about products or services which may be of interest to you.
Contact may be made by post, telephone, email or social media unless you have indicated in the appropriate section of the registration process that you do not wish to receive this information.
You can contact us at any time to remove your details from our marketing database, please visit firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the online instructions. Please give your name, postal address details and your email address.
When we may disclose information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to third parties including other parts of the Kognitiv Group, credit card companies, and third-party suppliers in connection with the purposes explained above. We may disclose personal information as part of due legal process and as otherwise permitted or required by law. Some of these third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area.
If we sell, assign or transfer the assets of our respective businesses, or if our business is merged, or enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we reserve the right to sell or transfer the databases maintained by us (including any personal information provided by you).
We employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the information provided by you from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. Such measures include password-protection, and firewall and intrusion detection.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our some of our sub-processors are located in Canada, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We have implemented appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
Our website uses standard technology to collect information about how our website is used by individual computers connected to the internet. Information is gathered through cookies and web server logs which allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you.
You have the following data protection rights:
• If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
• In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
• You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided below. Note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, but which does not readily identify you, including for organizational record keeping integrity.
• Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
• You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you have any comments, queries and other requests relating to our use of personal information, these may be addressed to: email@example.com